The importance of proper use of oxygen flowmeters in medicine
Gas flowmeter (oxygen flowmeter) in medicine is a device for inhaling oxygen or medical air of patients with first aid and hypoxia in the hospital, including oxygen flowmeter and air flowmeter. This equipment mainly consists of gas pressure gauge , pressure regulator , safety valve, flow pipe, flow control valve, and dehumidifier bottle and other components.
Oxygen flowmeter is mainly used to regulate oxygen flow and oxygen humidity. Whether its operation is accurate and reliable will directly affect the patient’s personal safety. Not only can it accurately measure oxygen flow, but it also enables healthcare workers to be aware of the patient’s oxygen uptake status. Flowmetroxygen has spread to all levels of medical institutions. It is also widely used in hospitals.
In recent years, many cases of illegal use of medical gas flowmeters have caused serious accidents and injuries. Medical institutions use medical gas flowmeters (oxygen rotameters) despite leaving a dehumidifier bottle behind. Consecutive rubbish causes severe injuries to visitors. Proper use of medical gas flowmeters plays an important role in improving the quality of medical care and ensuring public health.
Therefore, in order to protect the general health of patients and their families from harm and to regulate the use of medical institutions, medical institutions must strictly adhere to the scope of use of medical devices for clinical use, prohibiting the change of use of medical gas flowmeters, separately Inhalation of medical gas during use is prohibited.
The correct method of using gas flowmeter in medicine
- Add distilled water to moisten the bottle, the water level in the bottle should be in the standard line. Do not use saline instead.
- Screw the flowmeter nut onto the medical gas cylinder socket, the pressure gauge and the flowmeter should be upright.
- Before supplying oxygen or medical air, insert the gas pipe into the inlet duct and then turn it counterclockwise to turn the flow control switch to open the gas source so that the floats rise slowly. The scale line on the ball is floating to read the flow, its unit is liters per minute, and the required medical gas can be adjusted according to need.
- In the gas supply process, if the water in the medical gas flowmeter bottle (oxygen rotameter) is below the water level line, the flow control switch should be closed in time and the dehumidifier bottle should be opened and distilled water added according to the first case. do. Then close the dehumidifier bottle and continue.
- If the flowmeter is used, the gas supply of the flowmeter must be turned off. If you need to remove it, hold the flowmeter by hand and remove it. Then place the water bottle for cleaning and disinfection, which is kept in a non-corrosive and well-ventilated room.
Rose Calibration Company in Melbourne, Australia with over ten years of experience provides all calibration, maintenance, and repair services throughout Australia. If you live in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Geelong, and Brisbane, you can receive your quote in less than two hours by fill-up the form via the “Booking” link.