Nearly 69% of the volume of metal production in the world is dedicated to steel, statistics show that more than 69% of this amount of steel produced will be welded in the future and less than 19% of the remaining volume is dedicated to cast parts. Fixing the defects resulting from their casting is also the responsibility of welding, so it can be seen that welding is directly or indirectly used in most of the steel produced worldwide.
Acquaintance with ISO 3834 standard – welding quality requirements standard
Its purpose was to determine the EN of the European Committee for Standards (the first edition of the 729 standard (CEN) in 1661, the EN ISO standard quality requirements for fusion welding of metallic materials was published; after that, in 1661, the institute published
- Benefits of implementing the ISO 3834 standard
- Increasing assurance of the quality of welded products
- Increasing the certainty of the delivery time specified in the contract
- Increasing the credibility and competitiveness of the company inside and outside the country
- Increasing the quality level and qualification of suppliers of welded parts and assemblies
- Greater efficiency of welding related activities from engineering and supply to implementation
- Reducing the costs of rework, waste and damages
- Reducing the costs of sudden equipment failure
- Reducing the inspection costs of the third pillar
Factors affecting the selection of the appropriate quality level
- Product complexity
- Importance of the product
- Product production volume
- Variety of materials used in the product
- The extent of metallurgical problems
- The effect of welding defects on product performance
Note: The requirements of this standard are not limited to fusion welding and can be used for products produced by non-fusion (solid state) welding processes.
What is necessary to obtain the ISO 3834 standard?
For Iran to enter the World Trade Organization (WTO), one of the points that should be given serious attention by government officials and senior managers of companies is compliance with international standards in the production of products with competitive quality in the world market, including ISO 3834 standards. is, which is used in the production of products in which welding plays an essential or major role in their production.
Those companies that are directly or indirectly related to welding, and intend to participate in international tenders or have a plan to export their products to other countries, should obtain this standard as a requirement. take action
Also, the implementation of this quality system by methodizing the activities related to welding based on an internationally approved standard can reduce the amount of rework, the amount of waste and also the damages caused to the company due to the inappropriate performance of the product during consumption. In this way, help reduce the company’s costs.
ISO 3834 standard requirements
- Review requirements
- Technical review
- Welders and operators of welding machines
- Staff coordinating welding activities
- Inspection and test staff
- Production and testing equipment
- Equipment maintenance
Rose Calibration Company in Melbourne, Australia with over ten years of experience provides all calibration, maintenance, and repair services throughout Australia. If you live in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Geelong, and Brisbane, you can receive your quote in less than two hours by fill-up the form via the “Booking” link.