Sliding gate valve
Sliding gate valve can be defined as a type of valve that uses a gate or wedge type and the disc moves deep into the flow to start or stop the flow of fluid in the piping.
Sliding gate valve is the most common type of valve that is used in every processing plant. This is a linear motion bubble used to start or stop the flow of fluid. In service, these valves are either fully open or fully closed.
When the gate valve is fully opened, the disc of a sliding gate valve is completely removed from the flow. Therefore, the sliding valves are non-resisting current flow and cause a slight pressure drop.
A 360-degree contact between the disc and the seat is required to minimize leakage in the gate valves when the valve is fully closed.
Sliding gate valve should not be used to adjust or reduce the flow because precise flow control is not possible. High velocity in the valve when open most of the time may cause the disc to erode and cause vibration and noise.
Sliding pulley valve components
Here you can see the main part of the gate gate. To learn about each of these parts, read the complete guide to milk parts.
Gate Volvo Types
There are three ways to classify a sliding valve.
Types of disks
- Solid taper wedge
- Flexible wedge
- Split wedge or Parallel disks Valve
Types of bonds
- Screwed Bonnet
- Pressure-Seal Bonnet
Types of shoot movements
- Rising Stem or OS & Y Type
- Non-rising Stem type
Valve gate application
- Gate valves are used in almost all fluid services such as air, gas, fuel, water, steam, oil, hydrocarbons and more.
- Some special gate valves are used in slurry and powder products such as Knife gate valves.
Advantages of sliding gate valve
- The pressure drop during operation is much less.
- Sliding shut-off valve can be used mainly for two directions.
- They are suitable for pressure and temperature applications and require less maintenance
Disadvantages of the gate though
- Not suitable for flow control
- Opening and closing the sliding shut-off valve is slow
- It vibrates and makes noise when part of it opens.
- Repairs, such as lapping and grinding chairs, are more difficult due to limited access
Rose Calibration Company in Melbourne, Australia with over ten years of experience provides all calibration, maintenance, and repair services throughout Australia. If you live in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Geelong, and Brisbane, you can receive your quote in less than two hours by fill-up the form via the “Booking” link.