International ISO standards are the backbone of our society. Obtaining ISO certification helps ensure the safety and quality of our products and services, thereby facilitating international trade as well as improving the environment in which we live.
Nevertheless, compliance with ISO international standards helps consumers ensure that products, systems and organizations are safe, reliable and environmentally friendly. In this article, we will provide a detailed overview of the usefulness of ISO certifications.
Numerous studies have shown that these standards boost economic prosperity and trade. In the UK, for example, these standards represent an annual growth of $ 8.2 billion in GDP. In Canada, the use of such standards has contributed more than $ 91 billion to the economy since 1981.
Benefits of the ISO International Standard for Businesses
International standards are strategic tools and guidelines needed to help companies meet some of the most serious challenges of modern business. This helps to ensure that businesses are as efficient as possible and also helps increase productivity and access to new markets.
ISO standards help businesses to:
- Costs should be reduced as much as possible. This is done through improved systems and processes.
- Helps increase customer satisfaction through safety, quality and improved processes.
- It also helps access new markets by ensuring product and service compatibility.
- It also helps their impact on the environment. For example, ISO 9001 has helped to improve sales, increase customer satisfaction, improve the company’s image and market share. On the other hand, obtaining ISO 14001 certification has shown that it has a positive effect on environmental performance.
Benefits of ISO certification for consumers
When products and services comply with ISO international standards, customers can be assured that these products and services are safe, reliable and of good quality. For example, ISO standards for road safety, toy safety, food safety, and for medical packaging are just a few of the things that can help create a safer place.
Because the benefits of ISO international standards are wide-ranging, ISO supports consumer participation in standard development work with its committee based on consumer policy.
International standards on air, water and soil quality, greenhouse gas and radiation emissions, and the environmental aspects of products play a role in protecting the environment and the health of our citizens.
Benefits of ISO standard for government
International ISO standards contribute to international experience. Therefore, when developing their public policies, they are considered a vital resource for governments. Governments can use ISO standards to support policies. General, which has several advantages to use, including:
- Helps to get an expert opinion. By integrating an ISO standard into a national regulation, governments can benefit from expert opinion.
- This helps to open up international standards for world trade. International standards for ISO have been adopted in many countries, so integrating them into national regulations will help ensure that import and export requirements are the same around the world. Therefore, it facilitates the transfer of goods, services and technologies from one country to another.
- ISO standards also help to remove barriers to global trade, regardless of whether they are regional or international.
Rose Calibration Company in Melbourne, Australia with over ten years of experience provides all calibration, maintenance, and repair services throughout Australia. If you live in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Geelong, and Brisbane, you can receive your quote in less than two hours by fill-up the form via the “Booking” link.