What is a temperature transmitter?
In industrial activities and processes, temperature has one of the most effective roles, so the use of this device is very important. In very simple and understandable terms, the temperature transmitter is an electronic device that has the ability to detect the exact temperature and send it to the control room.
Temperature transmitter is a control and precision instrument . The performance of the temperature transmitter system is very similar to a sensor, but despite this amount of similarity, there are some differences. Two systems called thermocouples and RTD are used to measure the temperature of this type of transmitter. The procedure is that changes in temperature are detected by sensors and sent to the control room after conversion from a current or voltage unit to a temperature unit.
Next, in another section, a converter has the spectrum of converting streaming data to data that is displayed digitally.
How does a temperature transmitter work?
This device uses the current received from a power supply to receive the temperature at a distance from the input given to it by the sensor. At this time, the transmitter receives the least amount of energy from the power supply, and after receiving, the higher the temperature, the more current the transmitter will use, and these steps will continue until it reaches 20 mA.
Note that 20 mA is the highest temperature sensed by the sensor. The circuit inside this transmitter is mostly used to determine the temperature range.
In some models, instead of converting the RTD signal to 4 to 20 mA output signals, it converts it to RS_232C output.
The most important benefits
The best advantages of measuring temperature using this device instead of using common and old methods are:
- It does not require any of the tools needed in the past, such as a standard 24V signal that was previously used to perform a set of standard operations in a variety of environments, such as a factory. Is not.
- The presence of electrical noise is not a problem for users of two-wire transmitters.
- In different industries, in many cases, it is necessary to measure the temperature from a distance, and it is not possible to use old devices to perform remote temperature measurement operations, in such cases, using a transmitter, the temperature can be measured. Measured and transferred to the control site.
- Contrary to popular belief, electrical noise or signal damage will not cause any problems for temperature transmitter users .
- Ability to display as well as local controls
Rose Calibration Company in Melbourne, Australia with over ten years of experience provides all calibration, maintenance, and repair services throughout Australia. If you live in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Geelong, and Brisbane, you can receive your quote in less than two hours by fill-up the form via the “Booking” link.