Successful project management is about achieving greater productivity and better results. Program and portfolio management are inextricably linked to related governance. That is why the two main standards in the ISO documentation suite for this section have been recently updated. These standards provide further guidance on improving project management.
ISO 21500 Standard, Project Management, Program and Portfolio – Backgrounds and Concepts is a fundamental standard that provides basic guidance for using the ISO 21500 series. This standard is an overview of the project, program and portfolio management and how to manage them. ISO 21500 is now integrated with ISO 21502, project management, program and portfolio, and provides guidance and structure in project management with a focus on benefits and results, from start to finish in project monitoring and guidance activities.
ISO 21502 provides guidance on various approaches at each stage of the project life cycle, including planning and control (such as addressing risks and issues, and controlling change), as well as business and social change and information.
These two standards are part of the ISO 21500 series, which includes the following:
- ISO 21503, Project, Program and Portfolio Management – Tips on Program Management
- ISO 21504, Project Management, Portfolio and Portfolio Management – Portfolio Management Tips
- ISO 21505, Project Management, Program and Portfolio – Governance Guide
- ISO 21506, Project Management, Program and Portfolio – Vocabulary
- ISO 21508, value management in project and program management
- ISO 21511, work failure structures for project and program management
Rose Calibration Company in Melbourne, Australia with over ten years of experience provides all calibration, maintenance, and repair services throughout Australia. If you live in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Geelong, and Brisbane, you can receive your quote in less than two hours by fill-up the form via the “Booking” link.