ISO 20400 is an international standard that provides guidelines for sustainable development. This standard can be used by organizations that want to improve their social, economic and environmental sustainability.
The main guidelines of the standard include key sustainability considerations, integrating sustainability into the organization’s procurement policy and strategy, managing risks and opportunities, planning and integrating sustainability into procurement processes, and measuring and improving sustainable procurement performance. In all of these cases, stakeholder engagement is as important as the success of sustainable development projects. Therefore, considerable attention is paid to stakeholder interaction throughout the chain.
Why is it important to obtain ISO 20400?
Given the growing awareness of sustainable business, whether required by laws, regulations, the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, or even changing societal expectations, there are many reasons why organizations today need to comply. It develops more.
By obtaining ISO 20400, you have the opportunity to upgrade your competencies to help organizations integrate sustainability into their policies and practices. In addition, you will be able to support an organization in understanding the management conditions and techniques required for the successful and continuous implementation of sustainable procurement.
In addition, through the ISO 20400 Guide, you can help organizations adjust their procurement processes in a way that positively contributes to workers’ rights, legal environmental obligations, and economic equality within and across the supply chain.
Having ISO 20400 certification will prove that you have the capacity to support organizations in making sustainable procurement decisions in a way that is more socially, environmentally and economically sustainable.
Benefits of obtaining ISO 20400
By obtaining ISO 20400 certification, you can achieve the following:
- Helping organizations build a sustainable procurement system that takes into account the pillars of sustainable development (economic, social and environmental aspects) as well as the United Nations Sustainable Development Plan.
- Assisting organizations in improving their sustainability in the context of procurement and supply chain policies and strategies
- Assisting organizations in improving the environmental, social and economic impact of procurement activities
- Help organizations improve resource utilization and reduce costs through a life cycle approach
- Assist organizations in strengthening a systemic approach to involving all stakeholders across the supply chain to help sustainability
- Assisting organizations in improving risk management and opportunity
- Assist organizations in improving their compliance with national and international regulations
- Assisting organizations in gaining international credibility in the field of sustainability
Rose Calibration Company in Melbourne, Australia with over ten years of experience provides all calibration, maintenance, and repair services throughout Australia. If you live in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Geelong, and Brisbane, you can receive your quote in less than two hours by fill-up the form via the “Booking” link.