What is a flow switch?
A flow switch is a device used to measure and monitor the flow of air, steam or liquids.
This device gives different signals to other devices such as pumps and در in different conditions.
The flow switch can command the pump to disconnect and reconnect.
Common applications include pump protection, cooling circuit protection, and sirens for high or low currents.
Applications of flow switches
They are divided into two categories: air and liquids.
Liquid flow switches are used in air conditioners, water heating systems, pump systems, water-based cooling devices, fluid transfer systems, sprinkler systems, water treatment systems, chlorination of pools, and so on.
Air flow switches, like previous models, have many applications in the industry, such as room air purification, duct heating, exhaust ventilation, air supply system and room filter system.
Definition of flow
Flow means the physical motion (velocity) of a liquid, gas, or vapor inside a tube.
This current excites the flow sensor.
This product can have different functions according to different needs.
For example, it can turn off the motor if there is no current and turn the motor on again if it starts again.
Or, for example, it can turn on the siren sound in the event of a power outage or high intensity, and turn off the siren sound if the current returns to normal.
- For optimal performance, the flow switch should be installed in an area where there is sufficient space for installation, repair and inspection.
- To prevent damage to the flow switch, the flow switch must be installed at a suitable height above the floor.
- When installing the flow switch in a horizontal tube, the flow switch should be placed on top of the tube to prevent rust or other particles from settling inside the flow switch housing and causing the device to malfunction.
- When installing the flow switch on vertical pipes, make sure that the flow switch is installed in the direction in which there is an upward flow of water.
- To accurately detect the flow of water, the flow switch must be installed at a suitable distance from the connections that are installed to flow in the pipe, from the drain or from the diverter valve (observe a distance of at least 20 cm on both sides of the flow switch).
- Blade flow switches are only used in wet systems. The impact of a sudden increase in water velocity when water leaves the dry system can damage the flow switch.
- After installing and adjusting the flow coil, if water has accumulated on the body of the flow coil, dry it completely with a towel so that it does not rust the body of the flow coil in the long run.
Types of flow switches
These products are produced in different models. The following are examples of flow switches used in Iranian industries:
- In between
The blade flow switch uses a pedal that pushes the fluid.
If the current decreases, it triggers an internal magnetic connection that excites the switch and changes its phase.
Piston switch lever uses several methods to activate the switch, which has an internal piston.
The current enters a port and causes pressure to form on a magnetic valve.
The switch closes when the current pressure reaches a specified value.
The ultrasonic flow switch is installed outside the pipe through which the current flows.
This model of flow switch uses an ultrasonic sensor to send an ultrasonic signal if the current changes.
Rose Calibration Company in Melbourne, Australia with over ten years of experience provides all calibration, maintenance, and repair services throughout Australia. If you live in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Geelong, and Brisbane, you can receive your quote in less than two hours by fill-up the form via the “Booking” link.