The laboratory thermometer, or more commonly known to most of us, is a type of laboratory equipment that is generally used to measure the temperature of various items, as its name implies. Including various objects or materials .
The methods used to measure temperature are divided into contact and non-contact . Thermometer is the most important device that is used in industrial applications. In the contact method, you will see the contact of a part of the thermometer, which is actually a sensor and can also be a thermocouple . In most cases, the contact method can be clearly seen in analog models . These models are also known as gas thermometers .
In the non-contact method, the criteria are slightly different. In this method, the measurement criterion can be considered as the amount of infrared light . In equations and physical problems related to temperature is usually the measure and scale of Kelvin’s expression . Laboratory thermometers, or thermometers, which we have briefly described, are made in different shapes and applications, depending on what is needed in different fields.
In general, thermometer applications include the following:
1. Monitoring and controlling the temperature of motors in various industrial devices and instruments is the responsibility of the thermometer and is considered a very sensitive work. Because in some industrial devices, if the temperature goes up or down a little, irreparable problems occur. For example, the device may catch fire, burn out, or fail completely.
2. Existing in systems related to ventilation . In ventilation systems, one of the most important factors is the temperature of the surrounding air and the environment. Therefore, in such systems, the role of thermometer is very important.
3. Checking the status and temperature control of automated systems in various industries. In automated systems where everything is done automatically and no manpower is involved, the slightest negligence can cause the biggest problems. To be aware of these hazards, the temperature of these systems is a good case to check.
4. In the process that takes place in the food preparation industry . Food preparation has always been one of the most important and practical industries in the world. The temperature of the boilers and industrial appliances used in such factories need to control the temperature in order to achieve a high level of quality food.
5. Recognize problems and defects that are not visible and you are not able to see. Many problems related to different devices and systems can be understood only by its temperature changes. For example, too hot or too cold can not be a good sign for a working device.
6. Monitor whether a building is damp or leaking . This is very important because leaks can destroy a lot of materials and cost the builder a lot of money.
7. Using this device, energy loss can be detected to a large extent at different levels, because energy loss in many cases appears in the form of grappa.
8. Insulation is low and poor
9. In plumbing or electrical and electrical cases , you will be able to detect errors and malfunctions. Here, too, if the system temperature rises or falls slightly, it can be a good alarm for you to make the correction and not let your system get deeper problems.
10. Installation in different places to measure the temperature of different places . It is very important for all of us that the temperature of the house is in balance with the temperature of our body.
But for example, there are people whose lives would be seriously endangered if they do not comply with this, people who have diseases of this type, must constantly measure the temperature of the environment in which they are placed. Therefore, in such applications, the thermometer has an important and valuable position that must be considered.
Portable digital thermometers , like other thermometers, are used to measure and test temperature . A digital thermometer may initially look very similar to a multimeter. Digital thermometers may be equipped with different types of inputs related to the temperature sensor (type K, J, Pt100 and تر thermocouples) in different types.
Also, this type of thermometer is equipped with a digital display , which is used to show the ambient temperature according to the thermometer standard in degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit.
This model of thermometers has a very convenient feature and that is the portability of this device. Another feature that can be mentioned is the possibility of testing several different temperature samples in different places and at different time intervals. You might think this feature can be seen in all thermometers if temperature sensors like Pt100 have to be fixed at one point and therefore only give you the temperature at that point. But digital thermometers have the ability to measure temperature simultaneously from a minimum of two points to a maximum of 12 points.
Digital thermometers have many significant applications, which is why this device plays a role and is effective in almost all industries.
The basis and function of digital thermometer can be considered in the various features and capabilities of semiconductors . Because the sensor of this type of thermometer is a semiconductor , everything is based on its temperature change. In this way, if the temperature of this semiconductor changes, its resistance changes, and as a result of this change in resistance, the current that passes through it also changes according to the physical laws. With the help of this change in flow , the ambient temperature is measured with special accuracy. As applications of digital thermometers, we can mention the thermometers available in refrigerators, iron thermometers, modern air conditioners, and so on.
It can be said with confidence that the only use you will have of hand thermometers will be to measure the temperature . The fact that this device has different models does not mean that there are several applications and multiple uses and different functions. Rather, it is about different methods and models of temperature measurement. Applications of this device include the following:
1. In medicine, this type is used to measure the patient’s body temperature or to diagnose the patient’s temperature and fever . Therefore, we must all have used this thermometer once and seen it.
۲. Some uses for these thermometers are in factories and petrochemicals .
4. Extreme temperatures can also be measured in various industries and industrial projects.
5. In laboratory projects at any level and subject, this device is used to measure the ambient temperature and to measure the temperature of the reaction site.
6. Application at home and households to measure different cases
Advantages of digital thermometer over hand thermometer:
In a digital thermometer, the temperature is displayed as a number clearly on the digital display. The result is an error in the human eye and an estimate in reading something that does not happen at all, but in a hand thermometer this problem may occur. Also, digital thermometers, unlike other types, do not lose their accuracy after a while.
2. Speed :
In digital thermometers, you can get the temperature of the object or substance or place you want in 10 to 15 seconds . But in a later hand thermometer this happens. In general, other thermometers may even take a few minutes to measure temperature.
3. Safety :
It may not be environmentally hazardous if your digital thermometer fails.
Differences between digital and hand thermometer applications:
If we look more closely at these two types, we will see that despite the many similarities and in nature, and in fact similarities based on the purpose of these devices, there are also differences.
These differences are exactly the main criteria for the different applications that these thermometers have.
To understand the difference between using a digital thermometer and a hand thermometer, we need to look at the advantages and disadvantages of each, the type of operation of each, and the different industries in which they are used, and reach the right result.
As mentioned, digital thermometer has high accuracy . As a result, in industries where accuracy plays an important role and in case of error, irreparable problems will occur, this thermometer is a good case for consumption.
Also, in cases and industries that need to measure low temperatures over time, the digital thermometer is still the correct suggestion.
Rose Calibration Company in Melbourne, Australia with over ten years of experience provides all calibration, maintenance, and repair services throughout Australia. If you live in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Geelong, and Brisbane, you can receive your quote in less than two hours by fill-up the form via the “Booking” link.